Monday, January 9, 2012

Activity Advent Calendar - Final Update

The end of the activity calendar got thrown a bit off but that's ok - it was still fun and I think we'll continue to do it every year. Think of how fun it will be someday when we have kids!

Day 14

We have a lot on our schedules today, but tonight before we go to bed, let’s read a Christmas book together in bed.

I did buy a book, but I had such a bad day that day that we never ended up reading it. But we did read several on Christmas Eve so I think that counts :-)

Day 15

Hot chocolate is my favorite warm drink. Let’s enjoy some tonight and stir it with candy canes.

I was surprised just how good these tasted!

Day 16

I am so excited for tonight: Macy’s 8th floor display and the Hollidazzle!

We went with Michael's family (both of his sisters were back from college/Europe) and it was really fun! We watched from the balcony of Michael's office, which was great.


Day 17

Cannot wait to enjoy a romantic holiday dinner with you tonight!!!

We had planned to go out for our second annual Christmas-y date that night. Little did I know that Michael had planned much more than a dinner :-) I'll tell the whole proposal story soon, I promise, but here's a self portrait right after it happened. Best night of my life.


Day 18

Our front yard needs a snowman. I’ll find the scarf if you find a hat.

We didn't have any snow so we couldn't do this :-( BUT Michael gave me a train for our tree that day (so much for no presents this year) and I loved it!





Day 19

Elf, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Christmas Vacation. Even if we’ve watched them all already, let’s pick one and watch it again tonight.

We enjoyed Frosty the Snowman that night after dinner.

Day 20

Tonight’s Christmas concert will be a lot of fun. Can’t wait to hold your hand and listen to some great songs.

We went to see Cantus, "the premiere men's choral group in the United States" and they were great. I would definitely go see them again! Most of the songs they sang, I had never heard of and were not traditional Christmas songs but I didn't care. M and I loved it! Here's a little sample of one of their more traditional songs.


Day 21

Thanks for being such an amazing partner and coming to my boss’ Hannakuh party tonight. You are the best!

My boss had my coworkers and I (seven women and our spouses/partners) over for Potato Latkes. Yum! And I got to share our engagement story with everyone, which was fun.

Day 22

One of my favorite nights of the year - time to hop in the car and drive around to look at Christmas lights. And we get to sleep in tomorrow so we can stay out as late as we want.

We actually ended up doing this the night we got engaged. In a limo. I know, I PROMISE I'll share the whole story soon. Anyways, we ended up going to another holiday party that night.

Day 23

I’ve been trying to take lots of pictures and videos of us enjoying this holiday season. Let’s look at the pictures and watch the videos together today, and make sure we save them so we can show our kids someday.

I didn't take as many pictures and videos as I hoped, but we did enjoy looking at them. We ended up at ANOTHER holiday party that night, and spent the day wedding researching together. And we finally finished the stocking hanger. Doesn't it look great?!



Day 24

Today is Christmas Eve and I am excited to spend it with your family. Let’s enjoy the evening and sing our throats dry tonight at the Christmas Eve church service.

I sang until I couldn't sing anymore. And we had a great Christmas with Michael's family!

Day 25

Today might be the last day of the advent calendar, but it’s our first Christmas Day together in our house. Before we go to your parents’ house, let’s enjoy a cup of coffee together in front our tree.

Thank you for being so great and taking part in this activity advent calendar. I hope we continue this tradition every year.

We had a perfect Christmas Day :-)

4 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

It looks like there are 6 hooks on that holder. Are you planning for quads?

Dena said...

Great post, Jenni! I really enjoyed the picture of you and Michael the night you got engaged. You DO look so happy.

Jenni said...

Yes there are six hooks. We'd like four kids :-)

Jenni said...

Thanks Dena!